Who we are and what we do
Founded in 2011, Mappedin powers search and discovery indoors, enabling consumers to find what they’re looking for with speed and ease. Our software platform provides industry leading tools to manage dynamic indoor spatial data and offer wayfinding experiences for customer-facing applications, including a recent collaboration with Apple Maps.
Mappedin works with over 400 of North America’s largest luxury shopping centres, including Simon Property Group, Macerich, and Ivanhoe Cambridge. We are also found in stores, hospitals, campuses, and airports around the world. With this strength we were able to expand to Europe and Asia last year.
The Sales team at Mappedin believes in high impact results for our highly satisfied customers and because of this, we continue to drive growth. Quality is something that permeates across all teams here and we pride ourselves on the service we provide our customers, partners, and prospects.
Who you are and what you’ll do
You are hungry, smart, and likable. Exploring a brand new market segment with endless opportunities does not scare you away, but appeals to you instead. You are inquisitive and can identify, qualify, and quantify new prospects in order to solve problems and close the deal.
Reporting to the Director, Business Growth, you will join a small team and be pushed to challenge yourself while continuing to grow our customer base:
- Generate new business by identifying key stakeholders, kicking off and sealing the sales cycle from proof of concept to full enterprise deployment
- Work closely with the team to seamlessly transition clients to the Account Managers after successful pilots
- Utilize marketing and lead generation activities to showcase the benefits of the Mappedin product suite to prospective accounts through demos
- Improve the sales process, marketing approach, and product roadmap by providing ongoing feedback from customer requirements and competitive offers
- Create proposals, statements of work, and other affiliated/necessary documentation
- Provide accurate bi-weekly pipeline reporting and forecasting using our CRM (Prosperworks)
- Solve problems by anticipating customer questions, objections, and feedback
You are highly interested in learning about or already have experience in:
- Commercial real estate
- Selling IT or SaaS solutions
- Building a track record of business development success, exceeding quota for sales in large account/team selling roles
- Building relationships with influential C-suite executives and stakeholders
- Working harmoniously with other business units (Development, Operations, Marketing, etc.) to identify problems worth solving and prioritizing solutions
- Utilizing the tools you have to satisfy customers in smart, repeatable ways
What are some challenges?
With a small team we move fast and help each other out. Direction may change quickly and you will need to operate with some ambiguity but we will do everything we can to make this a successful venture.
One of our values is playing for the team so you may need to sometimes put aside personal objectives in order to help meet more urgent company objectives, but others will do the same for you.
Behind the scenes
Our current sales stack includes Copper, Pandadoc, Zoom and Vidyard but we are firm supporters in supplying whatever tools are necessary for you to produce your best work.
There’s a lot of trust here at Mappedin. We work flexible hours, have a flexible vacation policy and work to provide the hardware or office equipment you require to produce your best work. We will do what it takes to get things done if we said we would do it. We stay curious and will always ask each other questions, rarely making assumptions. We recognize that we are all different and will challenge each other’s views and perceptions from time to time, resulting in constructive and healthy debates, but that never stops us from all eating lunch together every day. If you want to join our sports team, we have a blank bright orange jersey here waiting for your name to be printed on it.
Lastly, we have an awesome office cat who loves attention. Allergic? Don’t worry, Hobbes stays on the other side of the office and won’t bother you unless you decide to work in the collaboration area there.